Monday, December 8, 2008

24-17 Carolina: Stewart scores again

Tampa Bay only allowed 1 rushing TD all season until tonight. But the Panthers have just netted their second rushing TD of the game, both by Jonathan Stewart.

Stewart just knocked it in from 4 yards out and Carolina took a 24-17 lead with 13:21left in the fourth quarter. The Panthers have had just a great performance so far in this game from their offensive line -- both Stewart and DeAngelo Williams have more than 80 yards rushing so far.

5 comments:

Bengoodfella said...

Same as I said before...I really, really hope that out defense holds and they don't immediately give up another touchdown. It gets old to see to the offense score and the defense give up a touchdown. The defense has got to do whatever it can to hold the Bucs.

Whatever happened to Peppers tonight? Is he playing or just disappearing again?

Matt Privett said...

The announcers are making him out to have a worse game than he's actually having. He's got the 1/2 sack and has been getting double teamed most of the night... Make that 1-1/2 sacks for Peppers just now.

Bengoodfella said...

Of course as soon as I type that, Peppers gets a sack. Matt, pretty much any time I call someone out, they do something great so that is not unexpected.

Matt Privett said...

Can you call out Ken Lucas? :-)

Bengoodfella said...

He is the only one immune to my magical powers that make everything I say look stupid. I have tried to call him out, it doesn't work. I need to say nothing about the running game...it is absolutely amazing right now.