Wednesday, November 18, 2009

While we're waiting....

As the Panthers' rare Thursday-night kickoff approaches, let me mention briefly that I will appear with former UNC basketball stars Al Wood and Brian Reese on Saturday, Nov. 21, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Scoreboard Shoppe located in Medical Center Pharmacy in Gastonia, NC. The address is 515 Cox Road. You take exit 21 off Interstate 85, and it's right there.

Al, Brian and I will be signing copies of "Tar Heels: Where Have You Gone?" That's a book I wrote about whatever happened to about 3 dozen UNC basketball stars after the cheering stopped. Wood and Reese were among those featured.

Wood was a star for the Tar Heels from 1977-81 and is still remembered for scoring 39 points against a Virginia team featuring Ralph Sampson in the 1981 Final Four. Reese was a starter on the 1993 UNC National Championship Team and is now an assistant basketball coach at Wingate University.

I'll also be signing copies of my other books there as well, including "Tales from the Carolina Panthers Sideline," which was published after the Panthers' Super Bowl season. For more information, contact the pharmacy at 704-867-5343.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

To All the Panthers and Tarheel fans...well actually any avid sports fan. These (2) books by Mr. Scott are a gem.

I was blessed to have gotten both of these books, and to say that I highly recommended them is an understatement..

If you cant be at the book signing get in touch with him and get your copies....I promise you, you will " NOT" be disappointed...

Tales from the Carolina Panthers Sideline was written Superbly, Funny, An unforgettable walk down Memory Lane.

A MUST READ FOR SURE!!!!

Unknown said...

Scott, where can I get a copy of your Tar Heel book? I'm in Winston-Salem.

Scott Fowler said...

Tuesdy: Thanks for asking. My personal website www.ScottFowlerSports.com works well for signed copies of any of my books and has all relevant contact info. For unsigned copies, amazon.com is a good source.

John W. said...

Is Mackenzy Bernadeau's name really pronounced "BernARDO," like everyone is pronouncing it?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.