Welcome to a mid-summer Tuesday in October -- the high today is supposed to be 86?! Weird. A few notes before it gets too hot:
1) I'm going to be on an online chat today (Tuesday) from NOON-1 P.M. at CharlotteObserver.com. Come by and see what your online brethren want to talk about. Best question today wins a signed copy of my book "Tales from the Carolina Panthers Sideline," which was written back in happier times for the Panthers. (UPDATE: Here's the replay link for the chat)
2) Matt Moore or Jimmy Clausen to start for the 0-5 Panthers against San Francisco in their next game on Oct.24th? I can't work up much enthusiasm for this "debate" -- it's like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
3) I'm switching gears this week to write mostly about NASCAR, given that Charlotte Motor Speedway has a huge race weekend coming up (coinciding with a Panthers' bye). Watch in Wednesday's newspaper and online for a revealing Q and A with Bruton Smith, the controversial, entertaining CMS owner.
4) If you happen to have the radio on around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, I'll be on WBT-1110 AM then with Keith Larson, talking mostly about the Panthers.
5) It's a shame for North Carolina that Robert Quinn, Greg Little and Marvin Austin will never play football for the Tar Heels again, but when you read about what they did, it's a very justified punishment. I still expect Quinn to be a Top-5 or at least Top-10 overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft, as long as he doesn't blow out a knee at the scouting combine or something.
3 takeaways on a night the Hornets got a gimme
20 hours ago