Thanks to all who entered my contest for a signed, free copy of a Panther book I wrote back during the Jake Delhomme glory days.
To enter, you had to write a comment on my previous blog entry you can see here about Jake Delhomme, and those comments taken in sum provide quite a tribute from fans of No.17. If you haven't seen them already, the comments alone are worth a look.
The winners, drawn randomly from all those who followed the instructions correctly, were: Bailey Carter, Daniel Torres, David Swaim, Shane Triplett and George Bass. I am sorry I did not post these winners earlier -- I've had some unexpected things going on in my life today.
Thanks to everyone else for entering. In case you're interested, the great memories most often cited by fans were:
1) Delhomme's first game ever as a Panther -- the comeback vs. Jacksonville in 2003.
2) The touchdown pass to Steve Smith that won the double-overtime playoff game against St. Louis.
3) Delhomme's last-second TD pass to Dante Rosario after coming off Tommy John surgery that won a road game at San Diego in 2008.
4) "Up close and personal" stories from the many fans who had met Jake and experienced his warmth as he endlessly signed autographs, posed for pictures or simply chatted.
5) Some aspect of the Super Bowl.
6) The bootleg run in which Delhomme overpowered DeAngelo Hall and clinched a win over the Redskins.
Another injury to a Panthers' right tackle
3 hours ago