Friday, July 2, 2010

NASCAR's 2nd hall of fame class should be...

I wrote my column today about who should be picked for the second Hall of Fame class, which will be inducted into the NASCAR hall of Fame in Charlotte in 2011.

NASCAR released a list of the 25 finalists Thursday night.

That list will be winnowed to five in October by a voting panel (which I'm not a member of, but which didn't stop me from making my own list). Here's my top five for the second class, all of whom were great drivers first and foremost: David Pearson, Bobby Allison, Cale Yarborough, Lee Petty and Darrell Waltrip.

4 comments:

Steven Levine said...

Ned Jarrett, David Pearson, Cale Yarborough, Dale Inman, Wendell Scott

TheCatman said...

Its scary to think how good Wendell Scott would have been if he had financial backing. Because he was great without it! Also the movie made by Richard Pryor needs to be redone to show a more factual & respectful account of his life! It might happen if he got some respect now by being Inducted. Will Smith would fit the role nicely.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your picks Scott... and Wendell Scott in year 3.

Anonymous said...

David Pearson should have went in with the first group. Can't believe that went down the way it did. Without David the sport of racing would not be what it is today. I miss the real racing we used to see.