Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A fish story from Lake Norman


My nine-year-old Salem Fowler reels in one of the 50 or so fish we caught -- mostly white perch -- on Lake Norman last Thursday.


I'm back from vacation this week, and one of the things I did while on it was go out on Lake Norman in a boat with a couple of my kids and go fishing.

Here's the column that resulted -- we had a great guide and caught 50 fish (almost all of them white perch) in a couple of hours before the kids (ages 9 and 6) got tired of pulling them up in the broiling sun.

That was a fun column to write, but now it's going to be "all Panthers, all the time" for me for most of the next 3 weeks. The Panthers head back to my Spartanburg hometown on Wednesday and begin training camp practices Thursday -- I'll be writing a camp preview column for Wednesday's newspaper and online.

One last thing: Did you hear about the Florida Marlin baseball player who tore up his knee while hitting his teammate in the face with a pie? True story -- you can find it here.

1 comment:

safe meds said...

Excellent image because it reminded me when I go to fish with my son, it's a great experience you have to make it because it's incomparable seeing the happy face of our children.