A quick look ahead and back on a Monday:
1) The NFL and NFLPA are back at it today, trying to divide a few billion. If you missed my Sunday column on the NFL labor dispute and how ridiculous it is, here's the link.
2) Gerald Wallace saying he felt "betrayed" by the Bobcats to our Rick Bonnell over the weekend makes sense. Wallace always gave everything he had to this team. It will be interesting to see how he's treated Friday night when Charlotte -- which suddenly can't score 70 points per game anymore -- hosts Portland. What if Gerald makes the winning shot at the end? Wouldn't that be ironic?
3) I'm rooting for a Duke-UNC final Sunday in the ACC tournament. Since both held serve on their respective home courts, would be great to get the neutral court tiebreaker. The draw sets up pretty well for both of them, but the ACC is always peculiar, and I'd say there's only a 40 percent chance that both will get to Sunday's final.
4) Carl Edwards has to be the early favorite for the championship right now. If not for some bad luck, he'd already have a substantial lead in the points race. He really could have won all 3 of the first 3 races if things had worked out a bit differently.
5) Am really looking forward to seeing Blake Griffin tonight in Charlotte. I love the way SportsCenter puts up a "Blake Griffin alert" on many of his highlight dunks now. The Bobcats are reeling after that terrible West Coast trip, but then again the Clippers are only 5-25 on the road this season.
6 months ago